Thursday 28 May 2015

Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack Turbo-Boost Hydragel




Hi everyone! I'm back with a skincare review today because what can I say, I'm a skincare buying addict!  I am always on the look out for miracle creams to reduce my puffy eyes and to give me that 'I've just had 8 hours of blissful beauty sleep' look that I can't achieve myself because I'm officially the world's worst sleeper. I picked up this Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack Turbo-Boost Hydragel on a whim after reading so many positive reviews on Boots' website. The last part of the product's name makes me smile a bit because it sounds like something for a car!

I am a sucker for pretty packaging and Soap and Glory never let me down. I love the pink vintage-esque box yet the product packaging itself is clean and simple which I think gives it that high-end feel.

So, what does this eye cream claim? As well as mentioning lots of fancy sounding scientific words that are way over my head, it claims:
"to tackle dark circles and puff, firms tones & rehydrates, boosts collagen production and helps kick-start stagnant undereye circulation"

I blame my poor quality camera for the before and after photos - but I PROMISE I will be buying a new camera soon! I keep saying this but now I'm home for good and university is finished I will definitely get round to it.

If you look closely you can see that my eyes are definitely less puffy and slightly less dark, particularly on the outer corner of my eye on the left hand side of the photo. I would say I would probably repurchase this again, but I wouldn't say it was an absolute under eye saviour. My dark circles don't disappear at all, but the puffiness is definitely improved.

Overall, I would say that the cooling and hydrating effects and how it makes me feel more wide awake outweigh the improvements in actual appearance.The gel is so cooling and my skin feels hydrated and refreshed and I feel as though I have had the best night's sleep ever. My eyes were often dry, irritable and itchy before I discovered this cream but now they feel hydrated throughout the day and this gel really opens them up more and I feel so much more wide awake. I would recommend dabbing a small amount under each eye and leaving it for around 5-10 minutes before applying make up or anything.

I might just keep shopping around a little more to try and find a product that ticks all the boxes!

This retails for £12.50 at Boots.

Can you recommend any under eye creams to banish my dark circles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...