Thursday 19 February 2015

BlanX White Shock Intensive Whitening Treatment Review

One of my goals for 2015 was to improve the appearance of my teeth. My teeth have never been terribly discoloured, but as an avid tea drinker, I have always wished they would be several shades whiter and they were starting to stain a little. I didn't think they were bad enough to justify the hefty price tag of professional whitening services offered by dentists, so when I saw this Blanx White Shock Intensive Whitening Treatment on offer in Boots, I thought I would give it a whirl.



The box contains a really clear and useful set of instructions, the toothpaste, the LED bite and a whitening scale to measure your progress against.

The main thing that drew me to this kit was the fact that it contains no peroxide, as I didn't want anything too harsh. I used this toothpaste three times a day, using the LED bite for one minute after brushing each time. Once a week, I also used the bite for 10 minutes after brushing.

Many of my family and friends who have used whitening products before have asked me if the toothpaste tastes horrible, and I can safely say that it doesn't at all. I have tried several whitening toothpastes before, and found that they concentrate on whitening so much that they don't work very well at actually making my mouth feel clean, but I feel that this toothpaste accomplishes both the desired whitening effects, and also leaves my mouth feeling fresh all day.

This kit claims to contain a concentrated ActiluX formula which works to get your teeth up to 4 shades white in just two weeks. 

I was quite sceptical of these grand claims, as I am with many skin/health/beauty products, but I am seriously impressed with this at home whitening kit. Here is a before and after, after just one week - half the time you are supposed to use this for. I'm really really pleased with the results, and feel much more confident when smiling now. The instructions say you can use these kits up to four times a year, and I will definitely be repurchasing just before my birthday and Graduation.




This was on offer a few weeks ago in Boots, so I managed to pick it up for £11.99, but I think it has now returned to it's retail price of £15.99, which I would still happily pay in future.

Have you tried and loved any whitening wonders? If so, I'd love it if you could drop me a comment as I am constantly on the look out for new whitening products to try.

4 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like it worked! I used this and it lightened my teeth a bit but I gave up because I couldn't stand to keep the led thing in mouth. I'm thinking about buying a kit online but I'm not sure about it yet.

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it definitely has, it's made me feel so much more confident when smiling! The photos don't do the change justice. Have you tried the Crest Whitening Strips? I've seen before and after photos of those and they look incredible. Alternatively Blanx have a huge range of whitening products now :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I might give this a try! Now my braces are off I want to whiten my teeth so they're nicer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment :) yeah it has worked really well, Beth is using it as well at the mo, not sure if she mentioned it. Your teeth look good, hope you're happy with them! Xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...