Monday 30 June 2014

Shanmade with love x

So my laptop has had to go and live at PC World for a week because it is poorly. This means I can't get on with any of the uni work I set myself for over summer, so I decided with all my free time this week I would take up cardmaking again. It is something I started a few years ago now to help raise funds for my World Challenge expedition in 2011, and I do really enjoy it as a hobby.

A lot of my card making supplies were running low so I went and stocked up uptown today. In total I spent about £35, but the great thing about card making as a hobby is you can really spend as much or as little as you like. As I make and sell cards to other people I wanted to get a wide variety of embellishments. The patterned paper is the most expensive generally, but you can make so many cards from each sheet so I think it was worthwhile.






I generally don't make any cards until I know who I am making them for, or until someone wants me to make one for them to give to someone else. This is so I can make them the card they envision and ask for. These cards are the two I made today, as my niece's 2nd birthday is coming up. The top card is the one from me, and the one below that is one for my Mum and Dad to give her. My Mum told me exactly what she wanted her card to look like, and I think she was really happy with it. Hopefully my little niece will like them too!



I am going to make a few more after this blog post as there are lots of birthdays in July on my calendar!

If any if you have ever thought about making cards I would definitely recommend it. From experience, people really do love opening a personalised card and are always so grateful that so much time and effort has gone in to it. Sometimes I go to someone's house and several months after their birthday or Christmas they still have my card up.

If any of you would like me to make any cards for you to give, please don't hesitate to contact me! I really enjoy doing it and if you let me know what sort of thing you would like I would be happy to try and achieve it - I love a good challenge!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...