Saturday 13 December 2014

Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day


Yesterday, Friday 12th December, was Save the Children's third annual Christmas Jumper Day. The idea behind the concept is that you wear your favourite Christmas Jumper, and donate whatever you can, to support Save the Children in their charity work in over 120 countries.

I decided to hold a Christmas Jumper Tea Party and Craft day today at my house, and we had so much fun! Unfortunately I didn't get many photos because I was so busy running around organising everything and getting everyone drinks and things. We ate lots and lots of mince pies, christmas cake and biscuits, and I invented lots of different Christmassy games and activities to keep the kids busy. We decorated Christmas Jumper cards, I held a Design the best Christmas Jumper competition (the winner won a Cadbury's selection box, I'm so jealous) and we also decorated Christmas jumper biscuits me and my Mum baked this morning. Save the Children also sent me a fundraising kit including a sweepstake, which raised £60, £30 of which was given to the winner of the sweepstake, which was my Mum! We also played Pin the Nose on Rudolph, which got extremely competitive! The winner won a Cadbury's selection box.

We only invited close family because there was so much going on in every room of our house and my nieces and nephews always run riot when we get them all together! I raised £80 which I was really chuffed about considering my tea party was only around 2 hours long. Best of all, the UK government has promised to double the total amount Save the Children UK raise, and so far the official total is £550,000 which is great when you consider that that will be doubled!

Just £2 will buy life-saving antibiotics for 3 babies in various developing countries, but Save the Children also support children in the UK as well, which is why it really appeals to me as a charity, because it really is so international.

If you feel like donating, text 'WOOLLY' to 70050 to donate £2 to Save the Children.

Did you do anything for National Christmas Jumper Day? I hope you all had fun if you did!

 ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...