Wednesday 25 March 2015

Spa Day



Last week it was my Mum's birthday, and I decided to treat her to a Spa Day for two people at a beautiful hotel on the outskirts of Grantham, Lincolnshire. I didn't manage to get many photos because I just wanted to unwind and relax and so I switched all technology off for about 99% of the day.

The package included: unlimited access to the swimming pool, gym, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, a 30 minute neck, shoulder and back massage and an Afternoon Tea. Rarely do I get the opportunity to use a steam room or sauna, but I absolutely love them. After around 10 minutes, I feel like my skin is refreshed and I feel like I've completely detoxed. At one point, my Mum had to lure me out of the jacuzzi with the promise of food because I was hogging it a bit - I think the other guests were getting a little impatient waiting!

We toddled off in true spa style in our gowns and slippers for our massages. The beauty room was absolutely stunning, with relaxing music and candles dotted all around the room. The Afternoon Tea was very generous and we couldn't manage it all. We received a sandwich platter, two scones each with jam and cream, and then two brownies each and four mini cheesecakes each. The food was SO delicious.

It was such a lovely day and I'm so glad my Mum enjoyed herself and had a day of relaxing and pampering because she is so selfless and always running around after everyone else. It was nice to unwind and forget about everything, as I've been quite stressed lately worrying about my uni finals which are just around the corner. I would definitely recommend looking online for vouchers for your local spa, as there are some brilliant packages out there.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! I'd love to go to a spa especially if food is involved haha. Sounds like you had a lovely time!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so lucky to go, when I bought a package for two i didn't expect my Mum to take me, thought she might take one of her friends! Yeah I sure did :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...