Thursday 9 April 2015

W7 In the Nude Eyeshadow Palette




At the Clothes Show last year I picked up this W7 In the Nude Eyeshadow Palette because it was on offer for £5 and as someone who rarely wears eyeshadow, I thought I would purchase it to play around with before making the leap to an Urban Decay palette.

First of all, apologies for the fact that I am incapable of doing anything in a straight line and that the swatches turned out really lopsided! I think the range of shades in this palette is really good, especially considering the low price. This is a pink and gold toned palette compared to the other W7 palettes in the range, and would say in comparison with the Urban Decay palettes this is most like Naked 3. Very suitable for anyone who is fair skinned or a blondie like me!

I think the pigmentation is fair considering the price of the palette, and the eyeshadows are easily buildable. I find that the glittery ones are more long lasting than the other shades. I think some are a little too glittery and remind me of the sort of look I gave myself when I was 12 or 13 and playing around with make up, but if you blend well and create a smokey eye look, I find that the glitter isn't too overbearing.

The almost rose gold packaging is right up my street, although the quality of the packaging is quite disappointing as my tin broke the day I purchased it.

Overall, I would say I was happy with my purchase, although I have heard amazing things about the Make Up Revolution eyeshadow palettes which are also a complete bargain so I would recommend checking those out. This definitely doesn't compare to the UD Naked palettes, but considering the difference in price, I think this is a perfect product for anyone starting out in make up or someone on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...