Wednesday 9 July 2014

Daisy Nail Art

This will just have to be a quick post I'm afraid, because I'm due to leave for my first Yoga class in half an hour and I am not ready in the slightest!

My nails have been quite brittle in the last week or so, so I decided I would give them a little TLC before I went out. I haven't done this nail art before and it was extremely rushed, but I'm sure with practise or with better hands than mine, it would have turned out better. They look a little like fried eggs, but that's mainly the angle I took the photo from.



What you will need:

Nail varnish remover
Cotton pads and cotton earbuds
Dotting tools (find them on eBay, or use the tip of a pen lid or hair grip!)
A base and top coat
A coloured nail varnish for the base
A yellow nail varnish
A white nail art pen/ white nail varnish


1. Tidy your natural nails up - mine were super brittle, so I filed them slightly and used some of my CND Solar Nail and Cuticle Oil to massage into my cuticles and nail.

2. Then apply the base and top coat, so the coloured varnishes don't damage your natural nail.

3. Apply the coloured nail varnish you have chosen as your base colour. I applied two coats, but I would always say just judge it on the polish you used. I used Barry M Green Berry from their Gelly collection. I love having nails that stand out!


4. Using your white nail varnish, spread a little bit on a piece of cling film or paper, or something you don't mind getting dirty. (You can see the white and the yellow where I have spread it in the top left corner of my photo!) Dip your dotting tool/hair grip/ pen lid nib into the white nail varnish, and then do four dots in a flower shape. 

Alternatively, you could use a white nail art pen and do stripes overlapping each other like a cross, or like a star if you prefer more 'petals'. My nails just aren't long enough for this technique at the moment without it becoming incredibly messy so I'm sorry that I couldn't show you!


5. Spread some of your yellow nail varnish onto the cling film or paper, and dot your dotting tool into it (obviously after cleaning the white off with nail varnish remover!) and dot the yellow straight in the middle of the daisy.

6. Finish off with a top coat and ta-dah! Daisy nails. They could have been done a lot better I will admit, but I did rush them as I had my first yoga class to get ready for! I'll be blogging about all my new exercise routines within the next few days now I have my laptop back. 

I definitely recommend this to anyone, it's not difficult at all (although I'm pretty bad at it, always sucked at floral nail art for some reason!) Very summery, and daisies seem to be everywhere at the moment!



2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, you have such talent! I also really like your header it simply beautiful! If you had a moment could you check out my blog:
    simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com
    I also just followed you on Bloglovin, if you could do the same!
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My blog template was designed for me by a graphic designer, lovely isn't it! I have followed you back on bloglovin and would love to check out your blog :)

      Shannon x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...