Sunday 13 July 2014

My Week in 6 Photos

So usually I like to include 7 photos to summarise my week, but this week has actually been so hectic and I've unfortunately forgotten to take photos of most things I've been up to! I promise I'll try and be better at this in the future!

1. Student Blogger - This week I received an email from the Student Recruitment Office at university, saying that several members of staff within my department had recommended me to become the student blogger for the Politics Department, as the current one was graduating. I was so happy to think that my teachers thought so well of me as to put me forward for this. I think because they knew I had started this blog, they knew I was into this sort of thing as well. I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in, and if anyone fancies a read of my student blog I'd be more than happy to forward you the link.


2. Internship - I am interning at a local hospice which is just about to be opened officially, and so it's such an exciting time to be involved. I did a week's worth of work experience at the hospice over Easter and they were more than happy to have me back for the summer. As it's a small charity, I'm given a fair bit of responsibility and my own projects to crack on with, particularly confirming corporate sponsorship for the next financial year, and I really feel like a valued member of the team. It is an absolutely beautiful hospice and  I find working there so rewarding; I can't wait for it to be open so people can receive the respite they so desperately need.


3. Car - Unfortunately I don't have a picture of my new car, so I included this one instead. I still can't quite believe I have my own car, I keep looking out the window several times a day just to check I'm not dreaming! With me passing my driving test two days before heading off to university, I never got round to buying a car. Instead, I've always driven my Mum's when I'm home. But now I can confirm... I HAVE A MINI COOPER! I can't put into words how grateful I am and how fortunate I feel. A Red Mini Cooper has been my favourite car for as long as I remember, and I never thought I would be able to say I would own one at the age of 20! I am so completely in love with it!

Reference: www.minibeverlyhills.com
4. Card and invite making - So when I decided to tap into my creative side and starting making cards, I never thought I would be as busy with them as I am! I have been inundated with orders, and I am extremely grateful! I'm finding it a really relaxing hobby. I started out with the idea of making greetings cards from myself to others, but it has turned into a mini business venture of making cards for other people to give away, invites for parties, weddings and functions, and even customised gift tags to be attached to presents. Here are a few of the orders I've completed this week. 


5. Run, Forrest Run! - This week I completed my first outdoors run! It doesn't sound like a major achievement, but I was super nervous about running in public, and I'm so glad I did it. It's so much more fun running with a view, particularly in the beautiful countryside that Lincolnshire has to offer! I haven't done as much exercise this week as I would have liked, but my running is still going well. I have one more run left of 'Week 1' on the Couch to 5k app, and I'm a bit worried about having to run more and walk less, but I am so determined to take up running I think I will be OK. 


6. A Vintage A-Fayre - Today, my local council had arranged a Vintage Fayre in the marketplace uptown. It was absolutely chucking it down, but my Mum, Nan, best friend and I still decided to venture up because we love all things vintage! I was a tad disappointed as I thought there would be a few more stalls. I'm not a fan of vintage clothing myself, so was hoping for a few homeware and jewellery stalls. I think I prefer 'the vintage shabby chic effect' to actual vintage in most cases. I still made a few purchases though! 

I've wanted a milk bottle to put a few fake flowers in for a while now, but I don't like them when they have actually been used. This was a clean brand new one for only £2, and I just couldn't resist this magnet for £1. The saying on the magnet is my new motto now!


I hope everyone else has enjoyed their week, if anyone has Bloglovin I would absolutely love it if you could follow me, and I will follow you back as soon as possible




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...