Friday 11 July 2014

Vintage Nail Art

So I fancied yet ANOTHER change of my nails today. I am going to a Vintage Fair on Sunday, and so decided to go along the 'Vintage' theme. This is one of my regulars, I always receive so many compliments on it and I think it is just so pretty. I think these colours work really well together so I've listed which colours I've used in case any of you want to try this, but obviously you could use any you wanted. You could do all roses, or all dots, or arrange them however you wish of course! 




What you will need:
Nail varnish remover
Cotton pads
CND Solar Nail and Cuticle Oil
Base and top coat (I'm using Rimmel Nail Nurse Nail Rescue as my nails are really brittle)
White nail varnish (Barry M 66 Matt White 250)
Green nail varnish (Barry M Gelly GNP 3 Watermelon 242)
Light Pink nail varnish (Barry M Gelly GNP 11 Dragon 315)
Light Blue nail varnish (Barry M 317 Blue Moon 306)
Red nail varnish (Barry M 262 Bright Red 338)
Dotting tools (or you could use the end of a hair grip or pen nib)
Nail art brush

1. First I always give my nails a quick tidy. I file them slightly, apply CND Solar Nail and Cuticle Oil (which is SO good for strengthening nails and encouraging growth) and then I apply my base and top coat to protect my natural nail.

2. Apply two coats of your light blue colour - don't make them too thick because you are going to be having other layers on top. 


3. I then take my dotting tool and dip it in the pink nail varnish, and apply several dots to the nails I want the roses on. When dotting, I spread a little of the nail varnish on my board as you can probably see in the photos, or you could spread it on cling film, or anything you don't mind getting messy. It's easier than having to keep unscrewing the nail varnish and means you don't get too much on the dotting tool. TIP: DON'T APPLY TOO MANY PINK DOTS. TAKE INTO ACCOUNT YOUR NAIL SIZE. There is lots of detail to add to complete the roses!


4. While this is drying, I turn to the nails I want dots on. I spread some white polish on my board, and dot the white on with my dotting tool.


5. I then go back to the nails with the roses on. I spread some red nail varnish on my surface, and dip the nail art brush in. The finer the brush the better it looks I think, especially if you have tiny nails. It's difficult to explain this, but it's really really simple. Around the pink dots, just do some 'c' shaped lines. Do some starting from the middle of the pink dot moving outwards around the pink, and then do some just around the outside of the pink. I've included a close up photo of the roses - they don't particularly look like roses up close, but then you can get the jist of what I mean and how you can achieve the look!


 

6. I then clean the nail art brush, and spread some of the green nail varnish on my board. Then using the nail art brush, I do one or two little flicks of green coming from the roses. If you have small nails, just do the one. 


I then apply my top coat and ta-dah! You have Vintage style nails. As I said, you could do all roses, or you could do all dots with roses on just the one finger, or whatever you like. I think these are quite Cath Kidston-y. They are so so pretty and I hope you like them as much as I do!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...